Ver 1.23, Nov 12, 2004
FE-ISO6976 is a program for MS Windows. FE-ISO6976 calculates the properties of a natural gas mixture in accordance with:
- ISO 6976:1995/Cor 1:1997/Corr 2:1999: Natural gas - Calculation of calorific values, density, relative density and Wobbe index from composition.
, the latest version of self-extracting and self-installing demo program. Run "fe_6976.exe" and follow the on-screen instructions. The default folder for installation is C:\Program Files (x86)\fe_iso6976.
After completing the installation run the program using the 'Start' menu of your task bar or double click the "fe_iso6976.exe" from your Windows Explorer.
VIEW THE PROPERTIES OF THE NATURAL GAS COMPONENTS
To view the properties of the natural gas components select the corresponding properties from the 'View' menu of your FE-ISO6976 menu bar. You can view the following properties, specified in ISO-6976:
- molar mass
- compression factor at different metering conditions
- ideal calorific values (superior and inferior on molar-, mass- and volumetric-bases and at the metering and combustion reference conditions defined by ISO6976
- critical properties
- molar composition of dry air
- limitations for the calorific values calculated on a volumetric basis
In a comments box enter some text describing the calculation. Select the analysis: mole-, mass- or volume-fractions in %. Select the combustion/metering reference conditions. Enter the fraction values in the percentages for the corresponding natural gas components. To enter the fraction for the component just click on the corresponding textbox and type in the corresponding value. After you have entered the fraction values in percentages verify the total sum of fractions. It should be equal 100.
Note: In a demo version the fraction of Methane is fixed.
START THE CALCULATION
To start the calculation select 'Run' from 'Start' menu of your FE-ISO597 menu bar.
To save the file select 'Save As' from FE-ISO6976 'File' menu. The default file extension is '.ngp'
To open the existing file select 'Open' from FE-ISO6976 'File' menu.
To print the results of the calculation to your system printer select 'Print' from FE-ISO6976 'File' menu.
PRINT ASCII TO FILE
To print the calculation results into ASCII file select 'Print ASCII to File' from FE-ISO6976 'File' menu.
FE-ISO6976 calculates the following parameters of a natural gas:
- Superior calorific value on a molar basis [kJ/mol]
- Inferior calorific value on a molar basis [kJ/mol]
- Superior calorific value on a mass basis [MJ/kg]
- Inferior calorific value on a mass basis [MJ/kg]
- Superior calorific value on a volumetric basis [MJ/m3]
- Inferior calorific value on a volumetric basis [MJ/m3]
- Molar mass [kg/kmol]
- Compression factor
- Relative density
- Density [kg/m3]
- Molar density [kg⋅mole/m3]
- Wobbe index [MJ/m3]
To convert your FE-ISO6976 demo program into fully functional version you need to buy
the corresponding license
. After buying the license you will receive email with registration data, which will enable you to unlock your demo and convert it into the fully functional registered version.
To register the program, Run FE-ISO6976 as administrator
! Select 'Register' from 'Help' menu of your FE-ISO6976 menu bar and enter data exactly as described in the corresponding e-mail message.
This program is furnished under the license agreement
is protected by copyright law and international treaties.
You can download
and try FELIB demonstration programs. Each demo-software is prepared as self-extracting and self-installing program for MS Windows environments.